Wednesday, December 10, 2008

7 december, what a day !

My oh my, what a fantastic evening did we have ! My boyfriend came over for the charity gig that Simple Minds were going to do at the ABC Venue in Glasgow. The gig was to raise money for 'Cash For Kids'. The venue was also selling exclusive Simple Minds tshirt, made especially for the gig. It was the normal longsleeve tour t-shirt, but with a tweak ;).


We arrived just before 6pm, not that many people waiting yet. So when the doors opened, we were in the middle of the front row. Excellent ! The place was packed, it turns out it sold out within the hour of tickets going on sale !


The gig itself was absolutey awesome, 2 full hours of energy, passion and sweat. A really good setlist, no slow songs, full steam ahead, lots of good vibes and good atmosphere ! Everything you expect and hope for from a Simple Minds gig !


Afterwards, my sweetheart somehow managed to get aftershow passes. Wahey !!!!! Something I`'d never thought of experiencing ! Sharing a drink with Eddie and Andy (didn`t see the rest of the Minds, they probably had an early night ?) and making a young teenager`s dream come true (but that`s another story!).


Easily one of the best gigs I`ve seen from them and for sure one of the best nights I have ever had !

No comments: