Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Rock at Lokeren !




Lokerse Feesten has always been a fun, affordable, not-too-big festival with good acts. This year was no exception !

Sunday was Metal Day with Panic Cell, Anthrax, Papa Roach, Life of Agony and top of the bill: Alice Cooper !

We got there just in time for Anthrax, who were suprisingly entertaining ! I have to admit that I hardly know any songs by them but they were good enough live to keep me interested anyway.




Papa Roach could not interest me at all, though it was fun when the singer decided to venture out into the public. but that was about it.

Life Of Agony, naaah, I've seen them before at the AB in Brussels and I have to say that I enjoyed that show very much. Today it just didn't seem to "click". Microphone troubles and long gaps between the songs totally took the rythm out of the gig. A pity !

Alice Cooper on the other hand, totally delivered ! I believe we got the best of the best : hanging, lethal injection, guillotine, piercing,...old and new songs. Alice totally rocked the place ! The gig started with "School's Out" and ended with it, "Elected" with cheeky comments about belgian cities, waving the belgian flag about...You have my vote Mr Cooper !


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eDapbclJgM


Monday was Rock Day with Therapy?, Mötley Crüe and Golden Earring.
Therapy? played a fast version of Diane sadly enough, I prefer the slow version.
Mötley Crüe were absolutely great ! Fireworks, flames, good songs, the lot ! Really enjoyed their gig !
Golden Earring were also very good. All the hits, in great arrangements, drumsolo's, guitar solo's...great live band !

No comments: